Are you struggling with kicking your soda habit? You’re not alone.
In fact, many people find it difficult to break their addiction to fizzy drinks. But plain water can be just as refreshing, and it offers a range of health benefits that are hard to beat.
So how do you make the switch from sugary drinks to plain water? It’s not as challenging as you might think. Keep reading for tips to get you started!
Why you should drink more plain water
You should drink more plain water because it’s calorie-free and sugar-free, and it’s a great way to hydrate yourself. Plain water has a whole host of health benefits and can also help you lose weight because when you’re full of water, you’re less likely to overeat.
How to make plain water more palatable
It can be tough to make the switch from fizzy drinks to plain water right away but trust us, it’s worth it. Here are a few tips to make the transition a little easier:
- Add some fruit slices or cucumber slices to your water to give it a bit of flavor.
- If you’re struggling, try adding a bit of juice to your plain water. This will help you get used to the taste gradually.
- Make sure you’re drinking enough water each day. Once you get into the habit of drinking plain water, you will notice that you feel better and have more energy.
Plain water vs. zero-calorie sparkling water
When it comes to making the switch from sugary drinks to plain water, there are a few options to choose from. You can go with regular plain water, or you can spice it up with sparkling water.
Regular water is great and all, but it can be a little bit… Well, bland. And sometimes we need a little something extra to get us through the day. That’s where sparkling water comes in.
Sparkling water is essentially regular water with carbonation. This means that it has zero calories and zero sugar, which is great for those of us who are trying to avoid soda and drink more mineral water. So if you’re looking for an easy way to make the switch from sugary drinks to plain water, sparkling water is the way to go.
How to make the switch from sugary drinks to plain water less painful
Making the switch from sugary drinks to plain water can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be hard. Here are a few suggestions for you:
- Fill up a large water bottle and take it with you wherever you go.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially when you’re feeling thirsty.
- Start by gradually decreasing the cans of sugary drinks you have each day until you’re down to just one.
- Reward yourself with a glass of your favorite sugary drink on a specific day only. For instance, Fizzy Fridays.
Making the switch from fizzy drinks to plain water is easier than you think. All you need is a little persistence and before you know it, you will find that it’s easy to live without them. In addition, one of the best things about making the switch is that you will save money. Not only will you save on the cost of drinks, but you will also save on the cost of snacks that you often get in combos. By following the abovementioned tips, you will be well on your way to drinking more plain water and less sugary drinks.