Home to several world-class universities, Singapore’s education system has flourished throughout the years. With its excellence in tertiary education, Singapore has been a popular hub for many international students. However, as you are aware of, the university fees and hidden costs can rip a hole in one’s pocket. This is why it is important to consider the competitive scholarships and grants available for local and international students.
Pursue your passion despite the hefty costs by considering these 3 Scholarship Programmes:
1. LASALLE PETER SEAH SCHOLARSHIP
To pursue a full-time diploma programme at the LASALLE College of Arts, you can apply for the Peter Seah Scholarship for Singapore students. The scholarship is awarded to encourage excellence and build leaders in the arts and creative industries.
Benefit: Includes a maximum of S$5,400 for an academic year.
– Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents
– For August 2016 intake of a full-time diploma programme
– Non-recipients of any other financial aid awarded by other organizations
Application Due: May 18, 2016
2. NUS PERFORMING & VISUAL ARTS SCHOLARSHIP
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship is open to Singapore students who are taking a full-time undergraduate degree programme for the academic year 2016-2017. It is awarded to individuals who are outstanding in their academics and arts.
– About S$6,000 annual living allowance and S$2,625 annual accommodation allowance
– Guaranteed offer of a semester on the Student Exchange Programme
– Eligible for the NUS Scholar Enrichment Grant
– Eligible for free tickets to selected campus performances
– Possess good Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, International Baccalaureate Diploma, NUS High School diploma or any equivalent qualifications
– For full-time undergraduate degree programme
– Have good co-curricular activities record and strong leadership qualities
Application Due: April 1, 2016
3. LEE FOUNDATION STUDENT LIFE SCHOLARSHIP
Lee Foundation, a charitable foundation established by the businessman and philanthropist Mr. Lee Kong Chian, is offering Singaporean and international students with the Lee Foundation Student Life Scholarship. This scholarship aids full-time undergraduate students of any degree programme at Singapore Management University (SMU).
– Sustainable for one year
– Scholarship’s monetary value is determined by the number of scholarships awarded for the year, of which each will receive an equal share of the annual scholarship fund of $20,000
– Tuition Grant Scheme provided by the Singapore Government (Non-Singaporean recipients including Singapore P.R. must work for Singapore-based companies for 3 years upon graduation)
– For full-time undergraduate students of any nationality and in any degree programme
– Have an active student life
– Have good academic results with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
– Preference for students with observable financial needs
Application Due: April 2016