Almost every human soul on Earth loves shopping! Who does not appreciate the rush they get while picking the perfect outfit? Then, a few decades down the road came the Internet. Marrying these two resulted to the growth of E-commerce and online shopping, especially in Singapore.
In 2014, a website called Flipit found that 50% of E-commerce traffic in Singapore came from the mobile devices. The accessibility to efficient Internet connection in our country led more and more people to shift their buying power online. With famed websites such as Zalora, Qoo10, Taobao, Lazada, and Rakuten, there has been an ongoing debate whether traditional physical stores are losing their appeal.
Previous Paypal research showed that the size of Singapore’s online shopping market reached S$1.1 billion in 2010 and it is forecasted to hit S$4.4 billion by this year. The elevated power of E-commerce has two sides namely: positive and negative. Positively, it brings convenience as it can save one’s money and time. Negatively, it brings susceptibility to serious devotion and addiction.
On that note, here are the 8 Telltale Signs That You Are Seriously Devoted To Online Shopping:
1. If you open your bag or purse, you will see a bunch of deposit slips from different online shops.
2. Most of the time, you would have an open tab in your browser with a full shopping cart waiting for you to pursue your purchase.
3. Every minute of your free time in home and work is spent scrolling through Instagram, Carousell, and other online retailers.
4. Your daily routine will not be complete without doing rounds of browses through your favorite online shops to see their new arrivals and sale items.
5. You receive packages via mail that you forgot you once ordered.
6. You get uncomfortable and anxious when you think about shopping in physical stores.
7. Your heart races when you read an email announcing that the online ship has an ongoing sale.
8. You bought the same thing twice by accident.
If more than 5 signs apply to you, perhaps you should re-consider your online shopping habits along with the other 1.2 million Singaporean online shoppers (i.e., above the age of 18 years old only) out there!